Fall Forward: Gracefully, Healthfully, Beautifully
Bye bye Summer! Just like that it's September. It happened so fast we didn't get a chance to review August, so let's do it while we can still taste the freshness of the produce, the days are still long(ish) and memories of Labor Day BBQs & bike rides haven't faded away.
Here are some of our August faves that we thought deserved a re-post. They're kind of our transitional mantras -- things that are helping us "fall forward" gracefully, healthfully and beautifully:
- Eat organic, minimally processed foods. They reduce the amount of free radicals produced by the body.
- Our go-to, works with any salad or veggie vinaigrette: Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, rice wine vinegar, along with minced garlic, chives, tarragon, dill, and parsley (or your favorite antioxidant-rich fresh herbs). No salt necessary!
- Cooking and ordering more fish. Most fish—and even oysters—are chockfull of omega-3 fatty acids, which help with circulation, and the antioxidant zinc, which helps with new cell production.
- Ramp up your daily skin maintenance with a few simple rituals:
Keep a bottle of alcohol-free REPLERE Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic at your desk; then just use a cotton pad to swipe over skin. It cleans pores, exfoliates, and reduces the appearance of shine.
- Layer your daily sunscreen over REPLERE Protect & Rejuvenate Day Lotion, which contains UV-protective antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, pine bark, goji and açai berries, grapeseed, pomegranate, green tea, and vitamins A, C & E.
- Take a Beauty Shooter daily to get your recommended dose of antioxidants. So easy!
- Try to get some sleep! A new study found that people who don't get enough sleep are more likely to have poorer skin health and skin that ages more quickly. The reason, researchers theorize: Poor sleepers hold onto inflammation longer.
- "I'm one workout away from a great mood." Agree? Yes, we do!
Do YOU have any Fall mantras you want to share with us? Post them in the Comments section and we'll re-post to the Replere Facebook Page!
"Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness." -D.H. Lawrence