May 2013: Stay Young Tips
As a dermatologist, Dr. Palmer has a lot of patients who come into her office with a specific goal, "How do I stay looking young?" I mean, we ALL want to stay looking like we are 25, right? Yes, there are state of the art, safe and effective procedures for patients at the office. And of course, you can use Replere skincare - and drink your Beauty Shooter daily - but Dr. Palmer also gives her patients a few lifestyle tips to help "stay young." Here are a few of our faves:
- Don't smoke—and try to avoid secondhand smoke. Smoke exposure, both on our skin and breathing it in, creates free-radical production that leads to the signs of aging.
- Floss every day! Good oral hygiene (which includes brushing and flossing) prevents inflammation of the gums (gingivitis), which can deplete oral antioxidants and lead to heart disease.
- Worry less, smile more! The stress caused by worrying leads to free radical production—and aging!
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Sleeping decreases stress hormones (which decreases free-radical production) and allows the body to repair itself.
- Take time out for your family. Relaxing with loved ones is a great way to de-stress—and decrease the production of free radicals.
We think this quote from Steve Maraboli sums it up: "Make the choice to embrace this day. Do not let your TODAY be stolen by the ghost of yesterday or the "To-Do" list of tomorrow! It's inspiring to see all the wonderfully amazing things that can happen in a day in which you participate."
Happy Summer everyone!